Medical Case Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services performs assigned duties relating to provision of medical case management services.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with Hyacinth’s Clinic staff to establish and maintain medical charts for clients
- Schedule initial and follow up medical care appointments for clients
- Schedule appointments for primary care services, Ob/Gyn, ophthalmology/optometry and dental
- Prepare patient files with necessary data for appointment with the doctors, i.e. laboratory results
- Secure prior authorization for medication and procedures as needed
- Actively enroll clients in pharmacy program
- Collaborate closely with care and treatment staff to ensure wrap around services
- Ensure readiness for, and adherence to, complex HIV treatments through initial assessment of service needs, and development of a comprehensive, individualized care plan, quarterly re-evaluation of the care plan with adaptations as necessary
- Timely and coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services and continuity of care
- Treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for and adhere to medication and medical visits
- Provide guidance and assistance in accessing medical, social, community, legal, financial, and other needed services
- Assist eligible clients to obtain access to other public and private programs for which they may be eligible, such as Medicaid, Medicare Part D, ADDP, and others
- Engage in outreach activities at various community sites to identify clients in need of case management services.
- Refer and connect 100% of newly diagnosed PLWHA and out of care clients to medical care and social support services.
- Work collaboratively with other local service providers to develop and maintain the continuum of services available to clients.
- Establish, maintain and update client case records using approved agency forms and procedures. Ensure confidentiality of all records.
- Provide relevant literature to clients and members of the community.
- Prepare monthly reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures and grant requirements.
- Maintain and Update client information in E-compas, CHAMPS and EMR
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
- Maintain working relationships with other community providers.
- Observe established administrative procedures.
- Provide written reports and maintain statistics as required.
- Represent the agency at community events, meetings and conferences.
- Attend and participate in staff training opportunities.
- Adhere to Hyacinth policies and procedures including client confidentiality provisions
- Commitment to Hyacinth philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Masters degree with experience in HIV/AIDS or related field. A candidate who has a bachelor’s degree but seems exceptionally suitable will be considered if he/she has four additional years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Access to currently registered car and a valid driver’s license.
|Client Services||Consistently demonstrates respect, responsiveness, and professionalism towards others while providing superior service for our clients||Team Work||Actively cooperates within the region and/or program and participates in the constructive resolution of conflict.|
|Job Knowledge||Demonstrates understanding of objectives, duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job description.||Leadership||Assuming responsibility for one’s own self in the workplace and exhibiting commitment to the client and agency.|
|Informing||Disseminating relevant information about decisions, plans and activities to team leaders and supervisors.|
|Results||Delivers quality results and balances priorities to meet all project and team commitments in a timely manner.|
The Hyacinth AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, creed or religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, or veteran, sexual orientation or marital status.