Advanced Practice Nurse
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, performs duties relating to provision of direct patient care to adult patients of Hyacinth’s medical clinic, as well as HIV prevention treatment, in accordance with Hyacinth quality standards. This is a full-time position, with the primary location in Newark, NJ, and weekly travel to Paterson and Jersey City.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assess health status of adult, non-obstetric patients through health history taking physical examination and diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose and direct treatment for each patient
- Review incoming laboratory reports sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement plans for providing treatment of illness and preventive services (i.e. HIV, annual screening).
- Comply with Hyacinth’s infection control plan that includes personal utilization of universal precautions. Ensure compliance by support staff.
- Participate in peer review, client case reviews, quality assurance, provider meetings, huddles, patient case conferences, and other clinical meetings as required.
- Provide Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis treatment at two additional Hyacinth locations
- Provide supervision to off-site nurses at 3 Hyacinth locations
- Provide support to Hyacinth Health and Wellness Clinic staff.
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested.
- Assist in outside outreach and medical public relations functions.
- Adhere to Hyacinth productivity standards and meet at least the minimum requirements.
- May serve as a preceptor to residents and students.
- Assists the Medical Director and Clinic Director in the development and updating of medical and other policies, guidelines, and medical orders used in the delivery of health care to patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education and Experience include Master’s Degree in Nursing; Board certified as a Nurse Practitioner (Family Practice) by a national accredited certifying body.
- Two (2) years experience as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)
- Registered and licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of New Jersey
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR).
- Commitment to Hyacinth philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Access to currently registered car and a valid driver’s license.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and special events, as requested.
- Observe established administrative procedures.
- Provide written reports as required.
- Attend and participate in staff training opportunities.
The Hyacinth AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, creed or religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, or veteran, sexual orientation or marital status.