AAW Health Educator
Under the supervision of the Prevention Program Mgr. performs assigned duties relating to the implementation and evaluation of the Hyacinth Prevention Project POW!
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide specialized health education/risk reduction, multi-session, group-level intervention to persons at high risk to reduce their risk for transmitting or acquiring HIV.
- Conduct individual-level street and community outreach activities to engage and recruit target populations in need of prevention services, including identifying outreach locations.
- Identify community residents for involvement in Peer Education.
- Assist in determining and documenting the HIV prevention educational needs of the community and at- risk populations in the target community.
- Establish working relationships with community providers to promote prevention services and facilitate referrals.
- Provide HIV counseling and testing and referral services.
- Conduct HIV prevention educational training to community providers and for Peer Educators.
- Actively seek and identify individuals or groups requiring the agency’s services.
- Establish, maintain and update client files using approved agency forms and procedures.
- Ensure confidentiality of all records.
- Provide relevant and approved literature to clients and members of the community.
- Prepare monthly reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
- Maintain working relationships with other community providers.
- Observe established administrative procedures.
- Provide written reports and maintain statistics as required.
- Represent the agency at community events, meetings and conferences.
- Attend and participate in staff training opportunities.
- Participate in evaluation activities based on program goals and objectives
- Commitment to Hyacinth philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Successful and demonstrated completion of NJDHSS-DHAS Test Decision Counseling, Results Counseling and Partner Notification Counseling course.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years experience in HIV/AIDS or related field. A candidate, who has no degree but seems exceptionally suitable, will be considered if he/she has four additional years of relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Access to currently registered car and a valid driver’s license a plus.
|Client Services||Consistently demonstrates respect, responsiveness, and professionalism towards others while providing superior service for our clients||Team Work||Actively cooperates within the region and/or program and participates in the constructive resolution of conflict.|
|Job Knowledge||Demonstrates understanding of objectives, duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job description.||Leadership||Assuming responsibility for one’s own self in the workplace and exhibiting commitment to the client and agency.|
|Informing||Disseminating relevant information about decisions, plans and activities to team leaders and supervisors.|
|Results||Delivers quality results and balances priorities to meet all project and team commitments in a timely manner.|
The Hyacinth AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, creed or religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, or veteran, sexual orientation or marital status.